1/2 Photos of Greek Salad Nicoise
This is a combination of two favourite summer salads. It comes together surprisingly quickly, with minimal cooking involved.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 2 eggs, cooked,peeled and sliced into wedges
- 4 tomatoes (vine-ripened are best)
- 1 head soft lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces (not iceberg)
- 1 can anchovies in oil, drained
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- basil leaves, to serve
- 3 tablespoons small black olives
For the dressing
- 1Blacken the peppers over a flame or in your oven.
- 2When the skin starts to blister, cool a little before wrapping in plastic or putting in a paper bag for about 10 minutes.
- 3This allows the pepper to sweat and makes the skin easy to remove.
- 4Peel and then slice into thin strips, removing the seeds and inner white membrane.
- 5Put the peppers on a plate, season with a bit of olive oil and set aside.
- 6Trim and thinly slice the fennel before putting in a bowl of chilled water until ready to use.
- 7Slice the tomatoes, remove the seeds, season with a bit of salt and drain on a plate.
- 8Make the dressing by crushing the feta in a bowl and then mixing with olive oil, oregano, lemon juice and sherry or vinegar.
- 9Assemble on a big platter or six individual plates.
- 10Drizzle the dressing over the leaves, eggs and vegetables.
- 11Snip over the basil, sprinkle on some olives and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Salad Nicoise
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.0
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 73.1 mg
- Sodium 235.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar