Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Who says eggs have to be boring? This is a hearty vegetarian meal that could be as at home for an evening meal as it is for breakfast. I originally found this recipe in BBC Good Food Magazine.
- Heat the grill / broiler to high.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl with the chopped parsley, pepper and salt, if you want.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, then fry the onion wedges over a high heat for about 4 mins until they start to brown around the edges.
- Throw in the tomatoes and olives and cook for 1-2 mins until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Turn the heat down to medium and pour in the eggs.
- Cook the eggs in the pan, stirring them as they begin to set, until half cooked, but still runny in places - about 2 minutes
- Scatter over the feta, then place the pan under the grill for 5-6 mins until omelette is puffed up and golden.
- Cut into wedges and serve straight from the pan.
We had this for dinner the other night, scaling it down to serve two. It comes together very quickly and is so yummy! I made it with egg substitute for health reasons and it still turned out beautifully. We will definitely be enjoying this recipe again!
Scaled this down to serve 1. My BF doesn't like his onions overcooked so I put them in at the same time as the tomatoes and olives. His comment was "the flavours blend together really well". He really liked it, so thanks Sarah_Jayne, AKA PAC mom!
Yummy omelette! I scaled it back to 2 eggs and used kalamata olives. So good! Thanks Sarah, my new PAC mommy! :)