This is a quick and easy lunch and is particularly good when tomatoes are at their peak. It's best to let the flavors develop a while, but it can be eaten immediately. I found this on epicurious and am posting for ZWT4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup English cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup radish, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- 4 (8 inch) whole wheat pita bread, halved
- 1Whisk olive oil and red wine vinegar together.
- 2Mix tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, radishes, and parsley in large bowl.
- 3Pour dressing over all and mix well.
- 4Stir in feta cheese.
- 5Cover and chill an hour or so to let flavors blend.
- 6When ready to serve, use a slotted spoon to dip into mixture and fill pitas.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Salad Pita Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.1
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 731.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 12.3 g