Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick and easy lunch and is particularly good when tomatoes are at their peak. It's best to let the flavors develop a while, but it can be eaten immediately. I found this on epicurious and am posting for ZWT4.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup English cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup radish, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- 4 (8 inch) whole wheat pita bread, halved
- Whisk olive oil and red wine vinegar together.
- Mix tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, radishes, and parsley in large bowl.
- Pour dressing over all and mix well.
- Stir in feta cheese.
- Cover and chill an hour or so to let flavors blend.
- When ready to serve, use a slotted spoon to dip into mixture and fill pitas.
- Serve immediately.
Well, I had the leftover ingredients from another Greek salad so I decided to use the here. Right off the bat I knew the dressing would not have enough zip for hubby so I added lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. He was happy with the upgrade. I used cherry tomatoes, red peppers, pepperocini, did not have radishes, and I used leftover chicken from the other night: Marinated Grilled Chicken With White Wine, Garlic and Lemon. Hubby was very happy with his lunch all stuffed into a pita and would like to have it again in the future. Thanks for posting a grab and go healthy recipe. Made for my Babes for ZWT4.