Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very light and yet filling at the same time. I just put these together the other day, so all of the ingredient amounts are approximate. You could add any number of things to the salad that you like (bell peppers, red onion, etc.). Also, my pitas were thin and large. If you use thicker and/or smaller pitas, obviously you won't fit as much in each portion. The hummus really adds character to these sandwiches (and also a little protein). Enjoy!
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon vinaigrette dressing (of your choice)
- 3 tablespoons hummus
- 1 whole wheat pita bread (large size, or use 2 small size)
- Toss together first six ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cut the pita in half. Open each half gently with a knife and toast them slightly (you want it to be a little firm but not crispy). Spread each pita half with 1.5 tablespoons of hummus. Then stuff each pita half with as much of the salad as you can fit. Enjoy!
- Eat any leftover salad. :-).
Greek out! Aaahh Greek out! I know, whenever I write about something it morphs and instantly becomes exceedingly popular...and don't spit out your coffee laughing. Eaten with vicious delight.