Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Creamy avocado adds a really nice touch to all the tanginess found in traditional Greek salads. I make this using Marinated Tofu - (In the Style of Feta Cheese) for the feta cheese. Inspired from a recipe I saw on Chuck's Day Off (Cooking Channel)
- 2 large tomatoes, cubed
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, cubed
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dill, finely chopped (oregano is nice too)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup tofu, crumbled, marinated in the style of feta cheese (Marinated Tofu - (In the Style of Feta Cheese))
- Mix the tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, olives, avocado and lettuce in a large bowl with the dill, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, toss.
- Top with marinated tofu feta (recipe #448742).
I enjoyed this salad with the Marinated Tofu - (In the Style of Feta Cheese). I used regular cucumber and scaled the recipe down for one. I did add a pinch of sugar to the dressing. Yum, thanks! Made for Vegetarian Swap-Oct. 2011.