Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm getting a head start on post recipes for Zaar World Tour in 2007. lol
Make and share this Greek Salad With Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) package hickory smoked bacon
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Greek olive (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces in pan fry until crispy not burnt, cool.
- Place lettuce in serving bowl.
- Place cucumber, tomato, onion, cheeses and bacon over lettuce.
- Garnish with Greek olives, if desired.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a jar for dressing; shake well to blend.
- Refrigerate salad until serving time.
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving.
This made a perfect dinner for 33 degree summer weather. For the bacon I used turkey bacon that I microwaved to keep the fat as low as possible then broke up. All else was by the recipe and it was just delicious and I used the olives (love them). Yum.
This was a beautiful light, refreshing salad. I used a red onion, kalamata olives and grape tomatoes, but left out the bacon as one of my guests has a pork allergy. This made far more dressing than I needed, so I used the excess to marinate some artichokes before grilling- which were also quite yummy!. Made for ZWT6.
This was so delicious!! My hubby even ate his entire bowl of salad. I was in complete shock when I saw that! The only thing I left out was the greek olives because I didn't have any. Made exactly as written and it really is a wonderful, light salad that feels like fireworks going off in your mouth with every bite! Thanks for the great keeper!!