1/1 Photo of Greek Salad With Orzo and Black-Eyed Peas
Great, healthy and flavorful lunch, light dinner or side! Good warm or cold - your pick!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 177.44 ml orzo
- 425.24 g can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, diced (1 cup)
- 29.58 ml chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 29.58 ml red-wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise, cored, and diced (1 cup)
- 118.29 ml pitted kalamata olive, slivered
- 78.07 ml thinly sliced red onion
- 4.92 ml grated lemon zest
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml finely chopped oregano
- 473.18-709.77 ml romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 226.79 g feta, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1Cook orzo according to package instructions. Drain in a sieve and rinse under cold water until cool.
- 2Toss black-eyed peas, tomato, and parsley with vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Marinate, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, toss together orzo, remaining tablespoon oil, cucumber, olives, onion, lemon zest and juice, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
- 4I serve it with the romaine in the bowls first, topped with a layer of orzo mixture, layer of black-eyed-pea mixture, and finished topped with feta but you can also mix it all together if you prefer.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Salad With Orzo and Black-Eyed Peas
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.3
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 1084.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 18.5 g