Great, healthy and flavorful lunch, light dinner or side! Good warm or cold - your pick!
Make and share this Greek Salad With Orzo and Black-Eyed Peas recipe from Food.com.
- 177.44 ml orzo
- 425.24 g can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, diced (1 cup)
- 29.58 ml chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 29.58 ml red-wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise, cored, and diced (1 cup)
- 118.29 ml pitted kalamata olive, slivered
- 78.07 ml thinly sliced red onion
- 4.92 ml grated lemon zest
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml finely chopped oregano
- 473.18-709.77 ml romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 226.79 g feta, crumbled (1 cup)
- Cook orzo according to package instructions. Drain in a sieve and rinse under cold water until cool.
- Toss black-eyed peas, tomato, and parsley with vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Marinate, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss together orzo, remaining tablespoon oil, cucumber, olives, onion, lemon zest and juice, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
- I serve it with the romaine in the bowls first, topped with a layer of orzo mixture, layer of black-eyed-pea mixture, and finished topped with feta but you can also mix it all together if you prefer.