Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on the net when I had to make a greek dish for my son's history class. I love the marinated Tofu, to me it is just as good as the Feta Cheese it substitutes and healthier, however you can substitute the Feta Cheese for the Tofu if preferred.
- 1⁄2 lb firm tofu, rinsed pat dry and cut into 1/4 in. chunks
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) packages romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 large cucumber, cut into 1/2 moon shapes
- 4 roma tomatoes, cut into 1/2 moon shapes
- 1⁄3 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 purple onion, chopped
- Mix together salad dressing ingredients in a large cup.
- Add Tofu, cover and marinate overnite stirring ocasionally to make sure all Tofu marinates evenly.
- Just before serving make up salad ingredients and add salad dressing and Tofu.
- Toss and serve.
I didn't try the salad, since I was making this "feta" for a different salad; however, the tofu "feta" is a wonderful dairy-free substitute for the real thing. So glad I found this.