Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is from Coup de Pouce issue June 2008. Posted for ZWT4 Greece.
Make and share this Greek Salmon and Seafood Skewers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram (or oregano)
- 2 salmon fillets, without skin, cut in 1 inch cubes (6 ounces each)
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 8 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 6 ounces scallops
- lemon, quarters
- In a large glass dish not too deep, mix oil, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and marjoram.
- Add salmon, bell pepper, shrimp and scallops and mix to coat well.
- Cover the dish with saran wrap and let marinate 15 to 30 minutes in the fridge.
- On 8 metal skewers or 8 wood skewers previously soaked in water, thread salmon cubes alternating with the bell pepper, shrimps and scallops.
- Set the barbecue to medium heat.
- Put seafood skewers on an oiled grill of the bbq and close the cover.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork (flip the skewers at mid-cooking and baste with marinade).
- Serve the skewers with lemon quarters.
We really liked this. I subbed a red pepper for the green, and also added a sliced zucchini. It looked good and tasted great! I liked the shrimp best and I think it might have been even better as leftovers the next day! Thanks for sharing.
Awesome! Just the color alone is fantastic; since it took more bell pepper than called for, we cut in a red one and that made it even more flamboyant. We had to use the broiler as our grill isn't out for the season yet, but they came out perfect and delicious. We don't do seafood at home all that often but this was fun and not difficult and the flavor was amazing. Made for Top Favorites of 2009 Cookbook game.
We have been using this recipe since last year and love it! The salmon in this recipe melts in your mouth somehow. This will continue being a top recipe in our household...thanks for sharing!