This recipe is from Coup de Pouce issue June 2008. Posted for ZWT4 Greece.
Make and share this Greek Salmon and Seafood Skewers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram (or oregano)
- 2 salmon fillets, without skin, cut in 1 inch cubes (6 ounces each)
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 8 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 6 ounces scallops
- lemon, quarters
- In a large glass dish not too deep, mix oil, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and marjoram.
- Add salmon, bell pepper, shrimp and scallops and mix to coat well.
- Cover the dish with saran wrap and let marinate 15 to 30 minutes in the fridge.
- On 8 metal skewers or 8 wood skewers previously soaked in water, thread salmon cubes alternating with the bell pepper, shrimps and scallops.
- Set the barbecue to medium heat.
- Put seafood skewers on an oiled grill of the bbq and close the cover.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork (flip the skewers at mid-cooking and baste with marinade).
- Serve the skewers with lemon quarters.