Adapted from Mollie Katzen's Sunlight Cafe Cookboook. Lots of Greek flavors here! Try to use fresh herbs! Serve with some nice toasted whole grain bread and fresh fruit.
- 6 -8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced (or 1/2 tsp. dried oregano)
- 3 tablespoons scallions, minced
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh spinach (packed)
- 3⁄4-1 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (or or ripe tomatoes, diced)
- Break the eggs into a medium bowl and beat with a whisk until smooth. Stir in the herbs and scallion, and add in a good, amount of black pepper.
- Place a 10-inch sauté pan or skillet over medium heat. After 1-2 minutes, add the olive oil, wait about 10 seconds, then swirl to coat the pan. Turn the heat up to medium-high, add the spinach, and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted and turned a deep green.
- With the heat at medium-high, pour the eggs into the pan, scrambling them slowly As eggs begin to set, push the curds from the bottom to one side, allowing uncooked egg to flow into the pan. The spinach will blend into the eggs.
- When the eggs are almost set but still slightly wet, sprinkle in the crumbled feta. Continue scrambling slowly, allowing the cheese to melt slightly into the eggs. After a minute, stir in the tomatoes.
- Cook for just a few seconds longer, or until the eggs are done to your liking. Serve immediately. Enjoy!