R. Warren Meddoff's Note:
Easy, light, dish with the feel and taste of the Greek Isles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 scallions, white and some green, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded & finely minced
- 2 cups tomatoes, crushed canned Italian style
- 1 red pepper, roasted and cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp
- 1/2 lb sea scallops
- 1/2 lb pappardelle pasta
- 6 olives, sliced (suggest kalamata)
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh sage (chopped)
- 4 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1Heat oil in a non-reactive Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the scallions, garlic and chili pepper.
- 3Cook, stirring often, 4 minutes until wilted.
- 4Add tomatoes, roasted peppers, vinegar, and pepper.
- 5Heat to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low.
- 6Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- 7Add the shrimp & scallops; cook 6 minutes until done; set aside.
- 8Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente, drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- 9Stir olives, capers, feta and sage into the sauce; toss sauce with the pasta.
- 10Add reserved cooking liquid to reach desired consistency.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Seafood Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 998.4
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 263.8 mg
- Sodium 1283.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 68.5 g