Prep 3 mins
Cook 21 mins
Easy, light, dish with the feel and taste of the Greek Isles.
Make and share this Greek Seafood Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 scallions, white and some green, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded & finely minced
- 2 cups tomatoes, crushed canned Italian style
- 1 red pepper, roasted and cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb sea scallops
- 1⁄2 lb pappardelle pasta
- 6 olives, sliced (suggest kalamata)
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh sage (chopped)
- 4 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- Heat oil in a non-reactive Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the scallions, garlic and chili pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, 4 minutes until wilted.
- Add tomatoes, roasted peppers, vinegar, and pepper.
- Heat to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp & scallops; cook 6 minutes until done; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente, drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Stir olives, capers, feta and sage into the sauce; toss sauce with the pasta.
- Add reserved cooking liquid to reach desired consistency.