1/2 Photos of Greek Shrimp with Rigatoni
Judy from Hawaii's Note:
If you love shrimp, tomatoes, & feta cheese, this one is for you. It is similar to others in the Zaar database, but enough different that I think it is worth posting. It is from the local newspaper, the yellow newsprint a testiment to how many years it's been in my files.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 cups peeled cubed tomatoes, preferably fresh,about one pound whole
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh medium-sized shrimp, about 48,peeled,deveined,leaving the last tail segment on
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 lb rigatoni pasta or 1/3 lb ziti pasta or 1/3 lb spiral shaped pasta
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in skillet, and add the garlic.
- 3Cook briefly, stirring, then add the tomatoes.
- 4Cook about one minute and add the salt, pepper, wine, basil,& oregano.
- 5Cook over medium heat, about 10 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle the shrimp with salt& pepper.
- 7Heat the remaining 4 Tablespoons of oil in a large skillet and add the shrimp.
- 8Cook quickly for about 1 minute, just until the shrimp turns red.
- 9Sprinkle with the red pepper flakes.
- 10Spoon the shrimp& any pan juices into a small baking dish.
- 11Sprinkle the shrimp with the crumbled feta cheese.
- 12Spoon the tomato sauce over the shrimp& cheese.
- 13Bake for 10 minutes.
- 14Meanwhile, cook the rigatoni according to the directions on the package and drain.
- 15Do not overcook.
- 16Serve the rigatoni with the shrimp mixture spooned over it.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Shrimp with Rigatoni
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.4
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 296.8 mg
- Sodium 1612.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 37.6 g