1/4 Photos of Greek Souvlaki
2 hrs 7 mins
This is posted in response to a request for "skewer" recipes. A real coincidence as this was being prepared on the food network by Nick Makris from Nick's Diner in Regina Sask - it looked SO GOOD I just had to post it. Use pork or lamb - serving with pita bread is optional but tzatziki is a must! Prep time includes a minimum of 2 hours for marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless leg of lamb or 1 1/2 lbs lamb shoulder or 1 1/2 lbs pork loin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried Greek oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- coarse salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, onion, oregano, parsley, mint and black pepper in a bowl& mix well.
- 2Add meat, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate; marinate for a minimum of 2 hours but overnight for best results.
- 3If using wooden skewers soak them in water overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- 4Preheat the grill to medium high.
- 5Thread meat evenly onto 4 skewers& season with salt and pepper.
- 6Grill skewers 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium or cook a few minutes longer if you prefer well done (6 to 7 minutes).
- 7Serve with tzatziki sauce and pita bread.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Souvlaki
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.7
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 117.3 mg
- Sodium 98.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 30.9 g