Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Souvlakia is to Greeks what hot dogs is to America. In almost every greek party in the summer months, this is the staple. My family and I really enjoy it!
- Cut lamb into 1-1/2" cubes, trimming the fat.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a gallon"zipper" bag.
- Shake well to combine.
- To achieve the best flavor, marinate 24 hours in the refrigerator, shaking a few times.
- Put lamb on metal skewers with each chunk touching, but not tightly.
- This will taste best on a good, hot charcoal fire.
- Turn often on the grill, and they should be done in about 15-20 minutes.
- Dont put vegetables in between the meat, as they just do not grill well together.
- Please use a good burgundy or full bodied red wine, that you would enjoy drinking by itself, not that stuff they call"cooking wine".