Anthony Gougoutris's Note:
Souvlakia is to Greeks what hot dogs is to America. In almost every greek party in the summer months, this is the staple. My family and I really enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut lamb into 1-1/2" cubes, trimming the fat.
- 2Combine all of the ingredients in a gallon"zipper" bag.
- 3Shake well to combine.
- 4To achieve the best flavor, marinate 24 hours in the refrigerator, shaking a few times.
- 5Put lamb on metal skewers with each chunk touching, but not tightly.
- 6This will taste best on a good, hot charcoal fire.
- 7Turn often on the grill, and they should be done in about 15-20 minutes.
- 8Dont put vegetables in between the meat, as they just do not grill well together.
- 9Please use a good burgundy or full bodied red wine, that you would enjoy drinking by itself, not that stuff they call"cooking wine".
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Souvlakia
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1211.4
- Calories from Fat 905
- Total Fat 100.5 g
- Saturated Fat 33.0 g
- Cholesterol 260.8 mg
- Sodium 600.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 67.8 g