Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Souvlakia is to Greeks what hot dogs is to America. In almost every greek party in the summer months, this is the staple. My family and I really enjoy it!
- Cut lamb into 1-1/2" cubes, trimming the fat.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a gallon"zipper" bag.
- Shake well to combine.
- To achieve the best flavor, marinate 24 hours in the refrigerator, shaking a few times.
- Put lamb on metal skewers with each chunk touching, but not tightly.
- This will taste best on a good, hot charcoal fire.
- Turn often on the grill, and they should be done in about 15-20 minutes.
- Dont put vegetables in between the meat, as they just do not grill well together.
- Please use a good burgundy or full bodied red wine, that you would enjoy drinking by itself, not that stuff they call"cooking wine".
Couldn't get lamb on short notice so I subbed out chicken breast and used a a nice white wine (Australian Viogner/Pinot Gris) instead of the burgundy but kept everything else the same and it was fantastic. Next time I will try with lamb!
Wonderful! This is the 2nd time I have made this & everyone agrees that it is YUM! I made with lamb chops & they were great. Thank you Anthony!!!
My husband loved this dish. It was really delicious, and it went together really quickly. I'll definitely make this again.