Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this online and thought it looked simple and tasty (and different from the average spaghetti).
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olives or 1⁄2 cup other black olives, pitted
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, feta, capers, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil over moderately low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked pasta and the garlic oil to the tomato mixture and toss.
Excellent version of spaghetti. It was simple to prepare and full of flavor. The kalamata olives and capers were the stars in my opinion. I made this using gluten free quinoa pasta and it worked well. Delicious recipe! Made for Soup-A-Stars for ZWT9
Delicious and simple pasta dish! Loved the addition of the capers. Served at room temperature and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT9, The Apron String Travelers
I cheated and used 2 14 ounce cans of Fire Roasted diced tomatoes, very well drained instead of the fresh and used whole grain pasta for me, steamed spaghetti squash for DH( post Bariatric Surgery). Really good meal for both of us. Edited 7/23/13