Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just love trying new versions of spaghetii,especially light ones.
Make and share this Greek Spaghetti recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb cooked spaghetti, held warm
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, split in half and seeded
- 1 handful coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a saut pan and quickly saut in the olive oil the garlic followed by the green onions and then the cherry tomatoes.
- Lastly, add the spinach and as soon as the spinach is cooked - this only takes a few seconds - pour the whole thing over the spaghetti.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese and oregano over the spaghetti and toss like a salad.
- Season with salt and pepper.
I made this for dinner a few nights ago and we enjoyed it very much. Changes I made were to use fettucine instead of spaghetti and considerably more tomatoes (perino's) and baby spinach. I also added the juice of half a lemon, some dried chilli flakes, a generous amount of chopped Kalamata olives, a little sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and freshly grated parmesan. Leftovers tasted even better heated up for lunch the next day. Will make it again. Thx.
Hubby and I thought this was pretty good. I used gemelli pasta because I did not have enough regular spaghetti. I added quite a bit of lemon juice & zest to give it a bit more flavor. I also used a bit more garlic, and I added some shrimp to make it a bit more filling. I think we would definitely prepare this again in the future. Thanks for posting the recipe.
A simple and delicious dish that I much enjoyed, with lots of feta, yum! Thanks! Made for PRMR game.