1/3 Photos of Greek Spanakopita
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- 2Add spinach. Simmer over a low flame, stirring occasionally until most of moisture is evaporated.
- 3Crumble Feta cheese into small pieces.
- 4Add cottage cheese and eggs; mix well.
- 5Toss bread crumbs into spinach mixture and add to cheese. Stir until blended.
- 6Carefully cut phyllo sheets into thirds. Refrigerate 2/3 until needed and cover remaining third with a slightly damp towel.
- 7Remove 1 sheet of phyllo pastry, fold in half lengthwise. Brush with melted butter.
- 8Place 1 tablespoon of spinach filling near the end.
- 9Fold over in triangle shape. Continue folding like a flag, keeping triangular shape. Lightly butter top.
- 10Continue with remaining pastry and filling.
- 11Bake in a 425 degrees oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Spanakopita
Serving Size: 1 (1405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3207.3
- Calories from Fat 2102
- Total Fat 233.6 g
- Saturated Fat 111.5 g
- Cholesterol 1035.9 mg
- Sodium 5764.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 179.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.4 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 104.8 g