1/3 Photos of Greek Spanakopita
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- 2Add spinach. Simmer over a low flame, stirring occasionally until most of moisture is evaporated.
- 3Crumble Feta cheese into small pieces.
- 4Add cottage cheese and eggs; mix well.
- 5Toss bread crumbs into spinach mixture and add to cheese. Stir until blended.
- 6Carefully cut phyllo sheets into thirds. Refrigerate 2/3 until needed and cover remaining third with a slightly damp towel.
- 7Remove 1 sheet of phyllo pastry, fold in half lengthwise. Brush with melted butter.
- 8Place 1 tablespoon of spinach filling near the end.
- 9Fold over in triangle shape. Continue folding like a flag, keeping triangular shape. Lightly butter top.
- 10Continue with remaining pastry and filling.
- 11Bake in a 425 degrees oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Spanakopita
Serving Size: 1 (1405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3207.3
- Calories from Fat 2102
- Total Fat 233.6 g
- Saturated Fat 111.5 g
- Cholesterol 1035.9 mg
- Sodium 5764.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 179.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.4 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 104.8 g