Make and share this Greek Spanakopita recipe from Food.com.
- Saute onion in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach. Simmer over a low flame, stirring occasionally until most of moisture is evaporated.
- Crumble Feta cheese into small pieces.
- Add cottage cheese and eggs; mix well.
- Toss bread crumbs into spinach mixture and add to cheese. Stir until blended.
- Carefully cut phyllo sheets into thirds. Refrigerate 2/3 until needed and cover remaining third with a slightly damp towel.
- Remove 1 sheet of phyllo pastry, fold in half lengthwise. Brush with melted butter.
- Place 1 tablespoon of spinach filling near the end.
- Fold over in triangle shape. Continue folding like a flag, keeping triangular shape. Lightly butter top.
- Continue with remaining pastry and filling.
- Bake in a 425 degrees oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.