Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Taste of Home Magazine
Make and share this Greek Spice Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Grease 10-in. fluted pan with shortening; lightly coat with 2 tablespoons flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugars, oil, buttermilk, eggs and extracts until well blended. Combine the remaining flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and baking soda; gradually beat into the sugar mixture until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.