Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Even if you don't like Greek food you will adore this melt in your mouth dish. The flavors mingle so well and the phyllo is light, crisp and buttery! It is rich and light at the same time and is sure to be a favorite with your family! Note: Cook time does not include pre-cooking chicken.
- 1 (10 ounce) packet frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 2 chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 sheets phyllo dough
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, combine spinach, shredded chicken, garlic, parsley, mayo, and milk.
- Layer this mixture evenly in 9x9" glass dish.
- Sprinkle mozzarella evely over top.
- Tear phyllo into pieces about the size of the palm of your hand and layer over cheese.
- Pour melted butter over phyllo and cover dish with foil and bake 30 minutes covered; try not to let foil rest on phyllo, but create a little "tent".
- After 30 minutes, remove foil and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Broil for 5-10 minutes until phyllo is golden and crisp.
- Serve with green salad and fresh rolls!