Adopted Parisian's Note:
Even if you don't like Greek food you will adore this melt in your mouth dish. The flavors mingle so well and the phyllo is light, crisp and buttery! It is rich and light at the same time and is sure to be a favorite with your family! Note: Cook time does not include pre-cooking chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) packet frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 2 chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk or 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In large mixing bowl, combine spinach, shredded chicken, garlic, parsley, mayo, and milk.
- 3Layer this mixture evenly in 9x9" glass dish.
- 4Sprinkle mozzarella evely over top.
- 5Tear phyllo into pieces about the size of the palm of your hand and layer over cheese.
- 6Pour melted butter over phyllo and cover dish with foil and bake 30 minutes covered; try not to let foil rest on phyllo, but create a little "tent".
- 7After 30 minutes, remove foil and sprinkle with parmesan.
- 8Broil for 5-10 minutes until phyllo is golden and crisp.
- 9Serve with green salad and fresh rolls!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Spinach Chicken Casserole in Phyllo
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.7
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.5 mg
- Sodium 520.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: