This was the dish that I always asked for when I was home for a break from college!
Make and share this Greek Spinach Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 pie crust
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh spinach or 20 ounces frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic cloves, chopped or 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 6 eggs
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese or 8 ounces other white cheese
- Cook spinach and press out moisture. Chop finely.
- In skillet, melt 2 T butter. Add in garlic, onion, and spinach. Saute ~5 minutes.
- In saucepan, melt 3 T butter. Add flour and milk. Stir over low heat until bubbles and thickens.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and spinach mixture.
- Beat eggs, and then add in eggs and cheese. Stir until well-blended.
- Pour into pie crust. Bake 40-45 min @350F or until well-puffed and firm to touch.