1 hr 30 mins
Phil Franco's Note:
This is an authentic, really rich pie stuffed with spinach, onions, cheeses and herbs that are all enfolded by crispy, flaky phyllo dough. Makes 1 - 9x9 inch pan (5 servings).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C); lightly oil a 9x9 inch square baking pan.
- 2Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion, green onions and garlic, until soft and lightly browned. Stir in spinach and parsley, and continue to saute until spinach is limp, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 3In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, ricotta, and feta. Stir in spinach mixture. Lay 1 sheet of phyllo dough in prepared baking pan, and brush lightly with olive oil. Lay another sheet of phyllo dough on top, brush with olive oil, and repeat process with two more sheets of phyllo. The sheets will overlap the pan.
- 4Spread spinach and cheese mixture into pan and fold overhanging dough over filling. Brush with oil, then layer remaining 4 sheets of phyllo dough, brushing each with oil. Tuck overhanging dough into pan to seal filling.
- 5Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until golden brown. Cut into squares and serve while hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Spinach Pie (Spanakopita)
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.4
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 123.8 mg
- Sodium 682.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 17.8 g