1/1 Photo of Greek Spinach Pie (Spanikopita)
Carol in Cabo's Note:
A tasty and easy version of the classic greek spinach cheese pie, an excellent main course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Drain spinach, using a paper towel squeeze all moisture out.
- 3Saute onion in a bit of olive oil until golden brown.
- 4Drain cottage cheese.
- 5Chop up or crumble cheeses.
- 6In a large bowl mix cheeses, spinach, onion, eggs and dill. Set aside.
- 7Remove half the phyllo from the package. Cover with damp cloth. Lay one sheet of dough in a 9X13 baking dish, brush with melted butter. Repeat until the half of the dough has been used. Pour on the spinach/cheese mixture and level with spatula. Top with remaining half of the phyllo dough, brushing each sheet with butter.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and 'puffy'.
- 9Cut and serve. This is for main course, you can also do in small triangles of dough for an appetizer, but that's too much work for me!
- 10This freezes very well.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Spinach Pie (Spanikopita)
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 810.4
- Calories from Fat 521
- Total Fat 57.8 g
- Saturated Fat 33.2 g
- Cholesterol 218.3 mg
- Sodium 1422.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 24.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: