1/1 Photo of Greek Spinach Quiche
1 hr 5 mins
This is a tasty quiche that combines frozen spinach, feta, and Romano cheeses into a beautiful dish that you will be proud to serve. The hint of nutmeg gives it that authentic Greek touch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- pastry dough, for a 9-inch, one-crust pie
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup milk (recommended -- low fat or 2%)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1Line a 9-inch quiche or pie dish with pastry; trim excess pastry around edges (you can decorate the edges with fluting or crimping or anything you want). Prick bottom and sides of pastry with a fork. Bake at 400 degrees F for 3 minutes; remove from oven, and prick with a fork. Bake for 5 more minutes.
- 2Cook spinach according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain spinach thoroughly, pressing out excess water.
- 3Combine spinach and remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl; mix well.
- 4Pour mixture into prepared pastry shell. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30--35 minutes, or until center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Spinach Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.0
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 143.1 mg
- Sodium 555.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 10.6 g