Prep1 hr 5 mins
Greek Spinach Triangles
Make and share this Greek Spinach Triangles recipe from Food.com.
- * To cut calories, you can use butter-flavored cooking spray in place of the butter.
- Cook spinach according to directions; drain well.
- Mix spinach, eggs, onion, cream cheese, pepper and feta cheese together.
- Refrigerate mixture at least 1 hour.
- Open package of phyllo pastry; cut a strip 2" wide, cutting through all layers.
- Cover remaining dough with a damp cloth to prevent cracking.
- Separate dough so that you have 2 sheets for each triangle.
- Brush the dough with melted butter.
- Put 1 rounded teaspoon of spinach mixture at the top of the strip.
- Fold pastry over like folding a flag.
- Place on well-buttered baking sheet; brush top with butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- To freeze the triangles before cooking, butter both sides of triangle and wrap well.
- Bake when needed.
a little greasy, but a huge hit with the guests.
Very nice and easy recipe! Instead of slicing the filo, I took one full sheet, brushed with butter and folded in half lengthwise. This made the assembly a little easier. The filling is wonder and would work well in lasagne as well.
I made these for a party and everybody loved them! Folding the triangles was a bit time consuming so I stopped before I used up all the filling. The next day for dinner, I used whole sheets of phyllo and rolled up the leftover filling like burittos. Turned out great that way too and was much easier.