Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes a quick and easy lunch or supper dish. It's from Healthy Lifestyles, Goodness of Beef!!
Make and share this Greek Steak Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup diced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb fast fry minute steaks (cut into four pieces)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 -8 leaves boston lettuce or 4 -8 leaves butter lettuce
- 2 Greek pita breads (halved, not pocket pitas)
- crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- sliced black olives (optional)
- In medium bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, cucumber, tomato, oregano and salt.
- Set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with garlic powder and pepper.
- In large non-stick or lightly oiled skillet, cook steaks for 1- 2 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Cover each pita half with lettuce; top each with steak, some sauce and feta and olives, if desired.