Posted ZWT6 - Greece Region. Found in the Simple & Delicious June 2009 magazine. Sounds like a nice twist to the standard burger.
- 2 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ripe olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole gyro style pita bread (6 inches)
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 1 small seedless cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup cucumber ranch salad dressing
- Shape beef evenly into 12 patties.
- In a small bowl, combine the feta cheese, chopped tomato, onion, olives, oil and oregano.
- Top six of the patties with the cheese mixture and then cover with remaining patties and firmly press edges to seal. Sprinkle with salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Grill patties, covered over medium hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160F and juices are clear.
- Serve each burger on a pita with lettuce, sliced tomato, cucumber and cucumber ranch dressing.
Great burgers. Easy to make and such wonderful flavors. Served with a salad and cucumber ranch dressing. Used The Realtor's Cucumber Ranch Salad Dressing.
Great burgers. I simply massaged the filling into the ground beef and then shaped into patties. Wonderful flavours and so easy to make. Thanks for posting.
We couldn't get the burgers to come out properly, with the filling staying inside! So we mixed the filling throughout the burgers and they were very tasty! I particularly liked the oregano so upped the amount a good deal! The ranch worked very well with this recipe. Thanks for a lovely treat! Made for ZWT6.