1/3 Photos of Greek Stuffed Hamburgers
Posted ZWT6 - Greece Region. Found in the Simple & Delicious June 2009 magazine. Sounds like a nice twist to the standard burger.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ripe olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole gyro style pita bread (6 inches)
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 1 small seedless cucumber, sliced
- 1/3 cup cucumber ranch salad dressing
- 1Shape beef evenly into 12 patties.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the feta cheese, chopped tomato, onion, olives, oil and oregano.
- 3Top six of the patties with the cheese mixture and then cover with remaining patties and firmly press edges to seal. Sprinkle with salt and pepper for seasoning.
- 4Grill patties, covered over medium hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160F and juices are clear.
- 5Serve each burger on a pita with lettuce, sliced tomato, cucumber and cucumber ranch dressing.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Stuffed Hamburgers
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.3
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 109.4 mg
- Sodium 784.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 38.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cucumber ranch salad dressing