Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Manicotti in lemon yogurt sauce stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes, feta, chicken, kalamata olives and spinach.
- 14 manicotti
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken breasts, and chopped
- 1 cup fresh Baby Spinach, chopped
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped small
- 1⁄2 cup feta, crumbled
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and minced
- 1⁄3 cup Italian parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (or more)
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
Toppings and Garnish
- top with more feta or mozzarella cheese
- 1 dash italian seasoning (optional)
- garnish with remaining parsley
- Cook manicotti noodles as per directions, but just undercooked so they are easy to handle and won't split easy upon stuffing.
- Mix together chicken, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, Feta cheese, half of the Italian parsley, olive oil, Italian seasoning, black pepper and garlic. Add salt if desired.
- Stuff filling into noodles with small spoon so they don't break and they fill completely.
- Mix together yogurt, heavy cream, chicken stock. Pour into saucepan and allow to simmer and reduce down. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and salt. Remove from heat.
- Place some sauce on the bottom of baking dish.
- Line dish with stuffed noodles and pour remaining sauce over.
- Sprinkle with Feta or mozzarella cheese.
- Garnish with remaining parsley.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes until bubbling.
We loved the filling here but the sauce was way too sour for us. Definitely will make again and serve with a pesto or red sauce instead.
We liked this manicotti recipe. It was easy to make and assemble. I wasn't sure where the olives were supposed to come in, so I mixed them in with the stuffing ingredients. I used all feta for the cheese. Thanks for an enjoyable dinner!
Really liked the flavors in this but my sauce was lumpy and some of the manicotti tore. Next time I'll try to convert this to a pasta salad.