Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 54 mins
This is one of my favorite Greek recipes.
Make and share this Greek Stuffed Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lamb, ground
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, chopped or 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen spinach, chopped, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup black Greek olive, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix lamb and hamburger together.
- Combine with eggs, milk, and oats. Set aside.
- Saute onion in oil over moderate-low or low heat for 20 to 30 minutes until translucent and golden. Estimate the cooking time for the onions and approximately 3 to 4 minutes before the end of the cooking, add the garlic.
- Combine meat mixture with onions, garlic, parsley, salt, cumin, and pepper.
- In a 9" X 13" baking dish, shape 2/3 of meat mixture into a hollow shell.
- Combine spinach, egg, and feta cheese from filling ingredient list. Pack this filling into the hollow cavity of the meat loaf.
- Sprinkle with chopped olives.
- Cover filling with remaining meat mixture.
- Combine ketchup, cinnamon, parmesan cheese and Tabasco sauce if using for the topping; spread over meatloaf.
- Bake for 70 to 80 minutes.