Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Greek-style feta and olive spread served with hamburgers in pita bread! Use whatever kind of ground meat you like for the hamburgers (beef, lamb, turkey). We have made these with ground turkey with great results.
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup olive, sliced (black or Kalamata)
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 hamburger patties
- 3 pita bread, cut in half
- tomatoes, slices (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cook hamburgers until done.
- Combine cheese, olives, steak sauce, lemon juice, and mayo.
- Place hamburgers in pita bread and spoon topping over hamburgers.
- Heat at 425F for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and lettuce (optional).
These are really good!! DH says they deserve 10 stars- even DD enjoyed hers!! Thanks so much!! Made for ZWT6 and Xtra Hot Dishes.
Wow, these were great. What a different way to prepare burgers. The sauce was really a nice change of pace for burgers. Served with oven baked potato fries. Made for ZWT6.
I loved this burger!!! The sauce was great and I really enjoyed the pita. I'd never had one before and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted. I used black olives, tomato, lettuce and white onions. I served the burger with fries and cucumber slices. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.