1/2 Photos of Greek-Style Cannellini and Vegetables
This can serve as a one-dish meal. I'm posting for Zaar World Tour. The recipe is from a Moosewood cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 carrots, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (red or green)
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 zucchini, diced (6 inches long)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh marjoram (sprinkle of dried)
- 15 ounces cannellini, drained
- 14 ounces Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1Cook the orzo according to package directions until al dente (about 8 minutes in boiling water), and drain. Stir in 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- 2Sauté the garlic and onions in 2 Tbsp oil in large skillet.
- 3Add the carrots and bell peppers to the onions and stir.
- 4Stir the diced zucchini into the skillet of vegetables.
- 5Add the mint, dill and marjoram.
- 6Gently stir in the beans and tomatoes.
- 7Simmer for several minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8When the beans and vegetables are hot, add the orzo.
- 9Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Cannellini and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.6
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 282.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: