Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are very unique waffles, they can be served as a lunch or a dinner with a Greek salad...delicious! Cooking time depends on your waffle maker.
- 1 egg, room temperature, and separated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup cooked spinach, well drained and chopped (squeeze out any excess water with hands)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Heat a waffle maker to hot.
- In a bowl, beat the egg white until stiff; set aside.
- In another bowl, mix togather the dry ingredients; set aside.
- Combine the egg yolk, milk, feta cheese and oil; add to the dry ingredients, mixing just until blended.
- Fold in the beaten egg white JUST until mixed (don't over mix).
- Bake as directed in a waffle maker.
Believe it or not I made it and it turned out great! Kids liked it too, although they were very skeptical about it while I was making it.
The waffles can be great for breakfast and have very nice green color.