These are very unique waffles, they can be served as a lunch or a dinner with a Greek salad...delicious! Cooking time depends on your waffle maker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg, room temperature, and separated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup cooked spinach, well drained and chopped (squeeze out any excess water with hands)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1Heat a waffle maker to hot.
- 2In a bowl, beat the egg white until stiff; set aside.
- 3In another bowl, mix togather the dry ingredients; set aside.
- 4Combine the egg yolk, milk, feta cheese and oil; add to the dry ingredients, mixing just until blended.
- 5Fold in the beaten egg white JUST until mixed (don't over mix).
- 6Bake as directed in a waffle maker.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Cheese and Spinach Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.4
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 128.0 mg
- Sodium 691.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 16.3 g