Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes a wonderful meal served with a green salad and some crusty bread to mop up the sauce. If you don't have any feta, it is just as good made with mozzarella.
- 4 chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 12 kalamata olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, rinsed and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Separate the chicken legs at the joints; wipe dry.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat; saute the chicken until browned all over, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook for about 3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the tomatoes.
- Add the tomato sauce, wine, salt, sugar, oregano and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Return the chicken to the pan; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni for about 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Stir the macaroni and olives into the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with the feta and parsley; bake in a 425 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the feta has melted.
My taste-buds thank you! Absolutely delicious, and so, so easy! I had some feta to use up, and I love kalamata olives, so gave this recipe a try. DH was disappointed to see how little there was (4 serves), looks like I'll be making double or triple next time.
So easy and so flavourful! My DH and I loved it. We'll be making this again and again!