1 hr 10 mins
This makes a wonderful meal served with a green salad and some crusty bread to mop up the sauce. If you don't have any feta, it is just as good made with mozzarella.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 12 kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 lb feta cheese, rinsed and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Separate the chicken legs at the joints; wipe dry.
- 2In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat; saute the chicken until browned all over, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- 3Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
- 4Add the onion and garlic; cook for about 3 minutes or until softened.
- 5Stir in the tomatoes.
- 6Add the tomato sauce, wine, salt, sugar, oregano and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened.
- 8Return the chicken to the pan; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced.
- 9Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni for about 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 10Stir the macaroni and olives into the chicken mixture.
- 11Sprinkle with the feta and parsley; bake in a 425 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the feta has melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 701.0
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 189.3 mg
- Sodium 1302.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 44.3 g