Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes a wonderful meal served with a green salad and some crusty bread to mop up the sauce. If you don't have any feta, it is just as good made with mozzarella.
- 4 chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 12 kalamata olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, rinsed and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Separate the chicken legs at the joints; wipe dry.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat; saute the chicken until browned all over, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook for about 3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the tomatoes.
- Add the tomato sauce, wine, salt, sugar, oregano and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Return the chicken to the pan; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni for about 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Stir the macaroni and olives into the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with the feta and parsley; bake in a 425 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the feta has melted.
This was great! I also boneless/skinless thighs and added some chopped sun dried tomatoes and it was perfect. I'll definitely make this dish again.
So scrumptious it's practically addictive! Easy, too. I added some extra garlic, canned mushrooms & some dried mushrooms, to soak up the extra tomato sauce, because the can I had was 14 oz. Then I added extra pasta, because I only had radiatore; I think it was 12 oz. I also used boneless, skinless thighs instead of legs. I will definitely be making this again! Next time, I might add a few red pepper flakes, because I like my food spicy. I might also try chicken breasts, because I prefer them to legs.