1/2 Photos of Greek Style Chicken Wrapped in Phyllo
1 hr 10 mins
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006; this one sounds so good. Can't wait to hear how people like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked & drained well
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup vermouth or 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 12 sheets phyllo dough
- dry breadcrumbs
- 1Pound chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; add chicken; cook until brown on both sides; remove & drain on paper towels then set aside.
- 3Wipe out skillet, then melt 1/4 cup butter in same skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add onion; cook and stir until golden; add mushrooms, parsley flakes, dill, garlic and spinach; cook and stir about 2 minutes.
- 5Stir in flour, mixing well. Gradually stir in vermouth; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened; stir in ricotta, feta, salt and pepper; remove from heat.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F
- 7Brush melted butter on 1 phyllo sheet; sprinkle with bread crumbs; cover with another sheet; brush with butter.
- 8Place chicken breast in center of phyllo; spoon 1/6 of the spinach/cheese mixture on top.
- 9Fold phyllo over chicken, turning ends under; repeat for each chicken breast.
- 10Place in a single layer in well greased baking pan & brush tops with butter. Bake for 45 minutes or until brown.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Style Chicken Wrapped in Phyllo
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.4
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 161.4 mg
- Sodium 636.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 39.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: