Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Came up with this idea on the fly for the Greek Forum recipe challenge. Old world meets New World. Opa!
- 4 ears corn, husked and silk removed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced finely
- 1⁄2 tablespoon of fresh mint, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh Greek oregano, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 -2 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Prepare the corn for cooking and set aside.
- Meantime heat grill or bring to boil a large pan of water. (For stove top directions, read *NOTE below.).
- Melt butter then stir in all the other ingredients. Mix well.(Can use a mini-blender to facilitate.).
- Using a pastry brush, apply the butter mixture lightly and evenly on each corn cob.
- Grill for about 2 minutes all around, until cooked but not burnt. Keep basting on the butter mixture to the corn as it cooks.
- Serve immediately.
- *NOTE: To cook on stop top, bring water to boil.
- Carefully add the corn to the water.
- Reduce heat and cover and let corn sit in water for about 5 minutes. Drain. Baste on the butter mixture.
This is so yummy. This is a garlic butter highlightened with fresh herbs and a touch of cinnamon and cumin. Thanks Cookgirl :) Made for ZWT9
Yummy corn. Loved the hint of cumin and all of the fresh herbs. Thanks for sharing, Cookgirl. Made for ZWT9.
Yummy corn! I liked very much the different seasoning, made the corn fun to eat. Thanks! Made for ZWT by team Hot Stuff!