Came up with this idea on the fly for the Greek Forum recipe challenge. Old world meets New World. Opa!
- 4 ears corn, husked and silk removed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced finely
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh Greek oregano, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 -2 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Prepare the corn for cooking and set aside.
- Meantime heat grill or bring to boil a large pan of water. (For stove top directions, read *NOTE below.).
- Melt butter then stir in all the other ingredients. Mix well.(Can use a mini-blender to facilitate.).
- Using a pastry brush, apply the butter mixture lightly and evenly on each corn cob.
- Grill for about 2 minutes all around, until cooked but not burnt. Keep basting on the butter mixture to the corn as it cooks.
- Serve immediately.
- *NOTE: To cook on stop top, bring water to boil.
- Carefully add the corn to the water.
- Reduce heat and cover and let corn sit in water for about 5 minutes. Drain. Baste on the butter mixture.