1/8 Photos of Greek-Style Corn on the Cob a La Evelyn
Came up with this idea on the fly for the Greek Forum recipe challenge. Old world meets New World. Opa!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ears corn, husked and silk removed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced finely
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh Greek oregano, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 -2 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1Prepare the corn for cooking and set aside.
- 2Meantime heat grill or bring to boil a large pan of water. (For stove top directions, read *NOTE below.).
- 3Melt butter then stir in all the other ingredients. Mix well.(Can use a mini-blender to facilitate.).
- 4Using a pastry brush, apply the butter mixture lightly and evenly on each corn cob.
- 5Grill for about 2 minutes all around, until cooked but not burnt. Keep basting on the butter mixture to the corn as it cooks.
- 6Serve immediately.
- 7*NOTE: To cook on stop top, bring water to boil.
- 8Carefully add the corn to the water.
- 9Reduce heat and cover and let corn sit in water for about 5 minutes. Drain. Baste on the butter mixture.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Corn on the Cob a La Evelyn
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.8
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 137.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g