Prep 3 mins
Cook 9 mins
A favorite in Greece and our home as well. This dish may be served hot or cold.
Make and share this Greek Style Green Beans With Tomatoes and Feta Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (diced)
- 3 roma tomatoes (diced and seeded)
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, sliced (drained)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 (10 ounce) packages French style green beans (thawed & drained)
- salt and pepper
- 5 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil for a minute or so, be careful not to burn.
- Stir in diced tomaotes,olives & oregano; cook over med. heat for 3 minute.
- Add drained green beans, simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Right before serving, crumbled feta cheese on top.
Delicious! I used tiny fresh green beans and kalamata olives. The taste is wonderful....with the olives and feta, no real need to add salt. Very colorful dish, and I wish I'd added even more olives and tomatoes!
I was quite sure I would love this dish looking at the ingredients and it did not disappoint! I omitted olive oil and sprayed the pan with non stick cooking spray and omitted olives and instantly the dish was quite low cal./fat. I loved especially the feta cheese on top of the beans, just such a nice change of pace. I used fresh beans. Thanks for sharing.
Made this as a side this week and it was great. Used fresh cherry tomatoes and green beans from my garden but everything else as listed! Thank you for posting it!! ZWT6