Miss Annie's Note:
This simple recipe, made with ground lamb, borrows some of the flavors from Greek specialties, but takes only a few minutes to put together and serve for a speedy supper. Serve with a Greek style salad for a complete meal. This also freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large, nonstick skillet, brown the ground lamb with onion and garlic.
- 2When lamb is no longer pink, tip pan and with spoon remove any accumulated fat.
- 3Stir in tomato puree, water, cinnamon and oregano.
- 4Sprinkle with pepper; bring just to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 10-15 minutes.
- 5Add more water if it seems too thick.
- 6To serve, mound rice on serving plates and top with lamb mixture.
- 7To freeze: Combine lamb and rice and put into freezer container.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Lamb With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 736.4
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 103.4 mg
- Sodium 106.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 30.4 g