1/1 Photo of Greek-Style Marinated Pork With Lemon Rice
5 hrs 20 mins
Plan ahead, the meat has to marinade for 4-24 hours, best when left 24 hours --- this is best made on the grill but can be broiled in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grape juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 bay leaves, crumpled (optional but good to add)
- 1Prepare the marinade by combining the olive oil, lemon juice, grape juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper (to taste), Italian seasoning, basil and crumbled bay leaves.
- 2Cut the pork into 1-inch cubes( or a little larger if desired).
- 3Place the pork in a single layer in a glass 13x9-inch pan.
- 4Slice the onion and seperate into rings.
- 5Place onion over top of meat.
- 6Pour the marinade over meat.
- 7Cover, and refrigerate for 4-24 hours (the longer, the better!).
- 8Drain marinade, or save to baste meat while cooking (see note below).
- 9Thread meat on metal skewers; grill or broil in oven (4-5 inches) from heat until pork is cooked.
- 10Note: if marinade is to be used to baste meat when cooking, heat the marinade to a boil for 3 minutes, and use to baste the meat frequently while cooking.
- 11Serve hot on a bed of lemon rice (recipe below).
- 12For lemon rice: grate at least 2 tablespoons lemon peel (or more for a stronger lemon taste); set aside.
- 13Squeeze out juice from lemon, and combine with butter, rice and broth (salt and pepper to taste).
- 14Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, cover and simmer (without peeking!) for 20-30 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- 15Remove from heat, and stir in lemon peel.
- 16Serve hot with cooked meat.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Marinated Pork With Lemon Rice
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1071.9
- Calories from Fat 565
- Total Fat 62.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 158.1 mg
- Sodium 731.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 54.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning