Vino Girl's Note:
From Cooking Light (June 2005).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomato, packed without oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 cups spinach (about 8 ounces)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup kalamata olive, chopped and pitted
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (garbanzo beans)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 10 lemon wedges (optional)
- 1Cook rice according to package directions. Cool to room temperature; set aside.
- 2While rice cooks, combine boiling water and sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 3Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add spinach and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- 5Combine rice, tomatoes, spinach mixture, cheese, and next 5 ingredients (through chickpeas).
- 6Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; toss gently to coat.
- 7Sprinkle with nuts; serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Picnic Salad
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.6
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 718.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 10.6 g