Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick and simple to make and perfect as an appetizer, or equally lovely as a side dish! Wonderful on a warm day! Taken from the freshmarket.com and posted for ZWT.
- 7 -8 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olive brine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 ounce fresh oregano leaves
- On a large serving platter, arrange sliced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle onion, cheese and sliced olives over tomatoes.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together Kalamata olive brine, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and olive oil until well mixed.
- Drizzle mixture over platter and garnish with fresh oregano leaves.
I really enjoyed this recipe. It was quick and really easy to make, with ingredients that I always have in my kitchen. So good, great flavors and wonderful textures. Made exactly as written, wouldn't change a thing. Loved all the different flavors in this dish, the lemon, olives, feta and ripe tomatoes. Yummy! A beautiful addition to our meal. thank you so much for sharing a new favorite. Made for ZWT9.
Great salad to go with Chicken Souvlaki. Used fresh cherry tomatoes from the garden. YUM.
This is so easy to do and so yummy. Thanks Alli :) Made for ZWT9