Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 15 mins
This recipe is so simple to make, and tastes so good. A nice change of pace, and the pork with the sauce are so light tasting. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 cup chopped cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- pita bread (syrian)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- In a large zip top bag, combine lemon juice, oil, mustard, 1 1/4 tsp of the garlic, and the oregano.
- Add the pork loin, seal the bag, and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, salt, dill, and remaining garlic.
- Cover and chill till serving time.
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Place pork in pan lined with foil, or sprayed with non stick spray.
- SAVE MARINADE.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then brush with remaining marinade.
- Bake for 15 minutes more, then check temperature with meat thermometer.
- Temp should be 160° (slightly pink).
- Bake longer if necessary.
- This is how I serve the meat in the pitas: split the pita so you have 2 rounds.
- Place some sliced pork in the center, top with yogurt sauce and green onions, and roll up.
- Or if you prefer, you can slice off the top of the pita, and put meat and sauce in to make a pocket.