Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I strongly recommend that you use the recipe for Quinoa-Toasted first, and then follow recipe instructions below. Quinoa can be quite bitter-toasting removes this. Quinoa-Toasted
- 2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mint, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cherry tomato, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 cup radicchio, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- If using untoasted quinoa place in a large bowl, cover with lukewarm water.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, drain, rinse well.
- If using toasted quinoa place in a large bowl and rinse with lukewarm water, drain well.
- In a large sauce-pot bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low-you want it simmering.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chicken broth is absorbed.
- Uncover and fluff well.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, mint, lemon zest, lemon juice, sherry vinegar and salt.
- Whisk well.
- Add the remaining ingredients, tossing well.
- Serve at room temperature.
- For a vegetarian version use vegetable stock.