1/1 Photo of Greek Style Roasted Chicken
2 hrs 30 mins
This Delicious dish was a real winner. I came up with it by combining 2 chicken recipes that I had. Fancy without a great deal of work! You can reduce the fat content by not using the olive oil and herbs on the outside, then when serving don't eat the skin! Also, it is just as yummy if you omit the ham. Haven't tried it without the feta, but I imagine that would be good as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) roasting chickens, gutted,rinsed,and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon garlic-flavored olive oil (or plain)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 3 pieces thin-sliced deli-style ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Brush chicken with oil.
- 3Combine oregano, parsley, garlic powder, and garlic salt.
- 4Rub onto chicken.
- 5Combine spinach, feta, ham, bread, pine nuts, chives, butter, and pepper.
- 6Slip fingers in between skin and breast, and Lightly stuff the pockets on both sides.
- 7Lightly spoon stuffing into main cavity and neck, if desired.
- 8Place in broiling pan, breast side up.
- 9Roast for approximately 1 1/2 hours, or until meat thermometer reads 180 when inserted into thigh, and juices run clear.
- 10Serve with Greek-style rice and veggies!
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Style Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 918.2
- Calories from Fat 693
- Total Fat 77.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 230.0 mg
- Sodium 695.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 48.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: