My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 -2 teaspoon dryed chili flakes (or to taste)
- 3 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, drained, and coarsely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons dry red wine (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (or more if desired)
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- black pepper
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, or a casserole dish.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- 4Add in the garlic, onion and chili flakes; saute for 1-2 minutes.
- 5Add in the chopped tomatoes, red wine, 2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (if using) and 1/4 cup parsley; mix and reduce heat, simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Add in the shrimp; cook for 10 minutes.
- 8Transfer the mixture into a prepared baking dish; sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (the added Parmesan cheese for the topping is optional, you may just use the feta for the topping) and then with the 1-1/2 cups (or to taste) of feta cheese.
- 9Bake for about 20 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining parsley, 2 Tbsp lemon juice and black pepper.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Shrimp Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (689 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.7
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 487.5 mg
- Sodium 1187.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 74.3 g