Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is delicious it's wonderful served with rice and my Kittencal's Famous Greek Salad.
Make and share this Greek-Style Shrimp Scampi recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 -2 teaspoon dryed chili flakes (or to taste)
- 3 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, drained, and coarsely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons dry red wine (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (or more if desired)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- black pepper
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, or a casserole dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic, onion and chili flakes; saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, red wine, 2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (if using) and 1/4 cup parsley; mix and reduce heat, simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the shrimp; cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a prepared baking dish; sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (the added Parmesan cheese for the topping is optional, you may just use the feta for the topping) and then with the 1-1/2 cups (or to taste) of feta cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining parsley, 2 Tbsp lemon juice and black pepper.
This dish is awesome! The flavours are spot on and I loved that it was baked instead of done in a frying pan. I cut the recipe down for the two of us...and used no salt added tomatoes. DH kept remarking during his dinner how wonderful it was and that I need to keep this recipe! I made as directed...no need for tweaking here. Thank you Kitten for sharing!