Cucina Casalingo's Note:
Spaghetti squash makes a lovely and less caloric substitute for pasta! This dish has lots of flavor and lots of no point veggies! You can place the cooked squash in a pasta bowl and top with sauce or mix the two before serving. The yield of cooked spaghetti squash is variable so I prefer to use the pasta bowl method. And besides, a full pasta bowl looks far more appealing than food spread out on a dinner plate! Points: 7
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves (or 1 teaspoon dry)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup watercress
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1Prick spaghetti squash with a fork and place in the microwave.
- 2Cook on high for 4 minutes.
- 3Check for doneness (should yield to the touch); rotate and continue cooking a minute or two at a time until done.
- 4Allow to cool slightly and slice the squash in half.
- 5Remove the seeds .
- 6Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute crushed garlic cloves.
- 7Add peeled, cleaned shrimp, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- 8Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 9Add watercress, chopped tomatoes and pine nuts.
- 10Stir until well heated, about 2 minutes.
- 11Stir in the crumbled feta cheese.
- 12Scrape the squash lengthwise to separate the strands.
- 13Combine the squash with the sauce.
- 14Additional feta crumbles can be sprinkled on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Shrimp With Feta and Spaghetti Squash
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.3
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 237.4 mg
- Sodium 552.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 28.8 g