Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spaghetti squash makes a lovely and less caloric substitute for pasta! This dish has lots of flavor and lots of no point veggies! You can place the cooked squash in a pasta bowl and top with sauce or mix the two before serving. The yield of cooked spaghetti squash is variable so I prefer to use the pasta bowl method. And besides, a full pasta bowl looks far more appealing than food spread out on a dinner plate! Points: 7
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves (or 1 teaspoon dry)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup watercress
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Prick spaghetti squash with a fork and place in the microwave.
- Cook on high for 4 minutes.
- Check for doneness (should yield to the touch); rotate and continue cooking a minute or two at a time until done.
- Allow to cool slightly and slice the squash in half.
- Remove the seeds .
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute crushed garlic cloves.
- Add peeled, cleaned shrimp, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add watercress, chopped tomatoes and pine nuts.
- Stir until well heated, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the crumbled feta cheese.
- Scrape the squash lengthwise to separate the strands.
- Combine the squash with the sauce.
- Additional feta crumbles can be sprinkled on top.