Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a filling salad as is but you can add in some cooked chicken breast strips if desired. Also I like to add in a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese to the dressing but that is optional. Plan ahead the tortellini needs to chill with the dressing for a minimum of 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Do not use more than 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic or it will overpower the salad, or you can omit the garlic totally.
- 1 (20 ounce) packagefresh cheese tortellini
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic (no more than 1 teaspoon, or use garlic powder)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 -2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (optional or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 lb fresh baby spinach leaves (washed and well dried)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (or to taste)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 -6 hard-boiled eggs (peeled and sliced or quartered)
- Cook the fresh tortellini in boiling salted water until just tender (about 3-4 minutes) drain and place in a large glass bowl.
- In another bowl combine the olive oil with lemon juice, red wine vinegar, parsley, oregano and Parmesan cheese (if using) season with salt and black pepper to taste; pour over the cooked tortellini, toss to coat, cover and chill for 4-24 hours.
- Before serving add in the fresh spinach, feta cheese and red onion slices; toss gently to coat.
- Mound the salad on a plate and arrange the sliced or quartered egg around the salad.
This was really yummy - made it tonight because it was too hot to cook. DIdnt use any garlic, but there was more than enough flavour so I didn't miss it. A hit with my family - will make it again.