This is a filling salad as is but you can add in some cooked chicken breast strips if desired. Also I like to add in a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese to the dressing but that is optional. Plan ahead the tortellini needs to chill with the dressing for a minimum of 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Do not use more than 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic or it will overpower the salad, or you can omit the garlic totally.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) package fresh cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic (no more than 1 teaspoon, or use garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 -2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (optional or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 lb fresh baby spinach leaves (washed and well dried)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (or to taste)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 -6 hard-boiled eggs (peeled and sliced or quartered)
- 1Cook the fresh tortellini in boiling salted water until just tender (about 3-4 minutes) drain and place in a large glass bowl.
- 2In another bowl combine the olive oil with lemon juice, red wine vinegar, parsley, oregano and Parmesan cheese (if using) season with salt and black pepper to taste; pour over the cooked tortellini, toss to coat, cover and chill for 4-24 hours.
- 3Before serving add in the fresh spinach, feta cheese and red onion slices; toss gently to coat.
- 4Mound the salad on a plate and arrange the sliced or quartered egg around the salad.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Spinach and Tortellini Salad
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.9
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 239.3 mg
- Sodium 729.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 24.2 g