If you love phyllo and spinach, then this is one you have to try! Keep the phyllo stacked between two sheets of wax paper, and covered with a damp tea towel until ready to use to keep from drying out. You can use frozen chopped spinach in place of fresh if desired. The amounts listed for the feta and olives are only a guidline, you can use as much as desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs freshy spinach (coarse stems removed)
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted and kept warm
- 7 sheets phyllo dough (17x12-inches)
- 12 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup finely crumbled feta (or to taste)
- 3/4 cup sliced kalamata olive (or to taste, or use black sliced olives)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (can use less)
- 1Cook the spinach in a pot of salted water for about 2-3 minutes; drain in a colinder, then run under cold water to cool.
- 2Squeeze out any moisture using hands.
- 3Set oven to 400 degrees (IMPORTANT, use middle oven rack).
- 4Brush a large baking sheet lightly with melted butter.
- 5Put one sheet of the phyllo on the buttered baking sheet, then brush the top of the sheet with about 1 tablespoon butter (you will not need more than 7 tablespoons butter since you brushing 7 sheets of phyllo, use the butter sparingly as the phyllo will be too greasy, you might even want to use less than the 7 tablespoons!).
- 6Sprinkle the buttered phyllo with 2 scant tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- 7Lay another sheet of phyllo on top and press firmly so that it adheres to the bottom piece of phyllo.
- 8Brush the sheet with melted butter, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 9Layer the remaining phyllo in the same manner ending with a sheet of phyllo.
- 10Brush the top sheet lightly with melted butter.
- 11Bake for about 3-5 minutes.
- 12For the topping; sprinkle the spinach evenly over the crust, leaving about 1-inch border all around.
- 13Then season with black pepper and a little salt.
- 14Sprinkle the sliced red onion over the spinach, then sprinkle with kalamata olives.
- 15Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
- 16Drizzle with olive oil.
- 17Bake the phyllo pizza for about 15 minutes or until the feta is melted.
- 18Slice into squares using a pizza wheel.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Spinach Pizza With Phyllo Crust
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.5
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 801.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 11.7 g