Vino Girl's Note:
From Food & Wine, May 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups vegetable stock or 6 cups low-sodium broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb arborio rice (2 cups)
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch dice (10 ounces)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 lb arugula, large stems discarded, leaves coarsely chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring 5 cups of the vegetable stock to a simmer.
- 2In another medium saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- 3Add the onion to the oil and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 5Add 1 cup of the hot stock and cook, stirring, until the stock is absorbed.
- 6Continue adding the hot stock, 1 cup at a time and stirring occasionally until it is completely absorbed before adding more.
- 7Continue cooking until the rice is al dente and the liquid is thickened, about 20 minutes total.
- 8Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 9Add the zucchini and scallions and cook over moderately high heat until just tender, about 2 minutes.
- 10Add the peas and arugula and cook until the arugula is wilted, about 1 minute.
- 11Add the remaining 1 cup of vegetable stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat.
- 12Stir the vegetables and their liquid into the risotto and cook until the rice is creamy, about 1 minute.
- 13Season the risotto with salt and pepper. Spoon the risotto into bowls and serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Style Vegetable Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.6
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: