Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Bring the taste of the sun drenched Mediterranean to your dinner table with this delicious Greek summer salad. The sweet and tart flavors of the strawberries play well against the savory kalamatas, and the hint of lemon and herbs mixed with feta cheese and olive oil on a bed of greens. It makes an excellent summer lunch served with ice cold Mythos Greek beer!
- 8 ounces mixed baby greens
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄2 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 ounces kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon shallot, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Greek oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons light olive oil
- Wash & rinse your salad greens, pat dry with paper towels to ensure most of the water has been removed from the leaves. Set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the first 7 VINAIGRETTE ingredients. Continue whisking while adding a slow and steady stream of extra-virgin olive oil, followed by the mild/light olive oil. Whisk until you get a creamy, emulsified mixture. (Makes about 1 cup. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.).
- Add the salad greens, tarragon, strawberries, and olives to the bowl; gently toss to coat all your salad leaves with the vinaigrette.
- Equally divide your salad and place on chilled plates; top with the walnuts, feta, and lemon zest. Do like the Greeks, serve with crusty Italian or French bread to mop up the leftover vinaigrette and strawberry juices.