Does well best as a marinated salad, although it could be served right away.
Make and share this Greek Tomato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 ",pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (I use the fat free type)
- Mix together vinegars, oil, salt and oregano.
- Add other ingredients.
- Marinate several hours in refrigerator to allow flavors to blend.
Delicious! Thank you for sharing.
Great flavor! Had some Greek Dressing so used 3 tbsp of that instead of the vinegars and oil! Will try to thinly slice since the diced size is hard to eat with a fork!
Great salad - I made it up in the late morning popped it in the fridge. I made the dressing at the same time but kept it separate as one person does not like dressing (imagine!) and served it on the side I used fresh Greek oregano in the dressing and it does have a wonderful flavor. The only thing I added were chopped radishes, perhaps not Greek but the garden is overflowing, great added crunch. Thanks Sue for an easy tasty recipe